Back to case studies


From a one-bedroom flat in Old Trafford to a brand new three-bedroom home – it’s been quite a journey for Ottilia and her daughter Lena. Ottilia, 43, who is the Managing Director of a not-for-profit community events company, took the keys to her brand new home on the Foxwood development in Manchester after a decade living at her previous abode.
She said: “I’ve known about Plumlife for a little while. I looked at the website and I was waiting for the right time and the right place to come up before I bought. When the homes became available on Foxwood, it was perfect as I went to Salford University and it was great to return to that area.”

When Ottilia was initially interested in a different property but was unable to complete the deal, Plumlife Sales Advisor Michelle Topping was on hand to help. “She was kind and caring throughout the process and shared my happiness when I was accepted for the property.  She was always professional, caring and calm throughout the process.”

Ottilia bought a 35% share of her new home through the shared ownership scheme, paying a monthly rent on the remaining 65%. She can go on to purchase up to 100% in future and said she would encourage other people to give the scheme a go.